1. Principle: Life is hard – nobody’s coming!
2. Promise: I am going to die – I need to show up for my life!
3. Powerless: I am not in control – I have choice and responsibility to influence!
4. Presence: I need to be present to win.
5. Perspective: I am not that important – we are important!
6. People: My life is not about me – we are part of a bigger story.
(Core Lessons from Father Richard Rohr – modified)
Herb K. was given the gift of freedom from alcohol February 21, 1984. As a result of the application of the Twelve Steps as contained precisely in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, he experienced a profound spiritual awakening in 1988. Since then he has been very involved in carrying the message of recovery through presentations, facilitating workshops, and leading retreats.
He has authored three books to help people access the instructions and confirm the actual process contained in the Big Book for experiencing a spiritual awakening: Practicing the Here and Now: Being Intentional with Step 11 (2017), Twelve-Step Guide to Using the Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book (2004) and Twelve Steps to Spiritual Awakening: Enlightenment for Everyone (2010). His books are available on Amazon and other locations.