Our Way of Life
2. I am the center of my life.
3. Don’t take life personally.
4. Do take reality as it is.
5. I am responsible for my:
6. I am not responsible for your:
7. When I don’t change my actions, my life stays the same, no matter what I think or feel.
8. When I do change my actions, my thinking and feeling change – then my entire life changes.
9. This present moment will pass.
10. This present moment is the only time I can actually live.
11. I am really going to die!
12. I need to ask: Am I really going to live?
13. There is no one coming to save me.
14. I am the one I am waiting for!
Herb K. was given the gift of freedom from alcohol February 21, 1984. As a result of the application of the Twelve Steps as contained precisely in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, he experienced a profound spiritual awakening in 1988. Since then he has been very involved in carrying the message of recovery through presentations, facilitating workshops, and leading retreats.
He has authored three books to help people access the instructions and confirm the actual process contained in the Big Book for experiencing a spiritual awakening: Practicing the Here and Now: Being Intentional with Step 11 (2017), Twelve-Step Guide to Using the Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book (2004) and Twelve Steps to Spiritual Awakening: Enlightenment for Everyone (2010). His books are available on Amazon and other locations.