How to Change:
- Identify what needs to be changed. What are the specific behaviors?
- Describe why it needs to be changed. What are the consequences of not changing? … of changing? What is the benefit, the value to me, of changing?
- List specific action steps it will take to create the desired change.
- Create a vision of what it would look and feel like if it were changed. What are the behaviors resulting from these changes?
- Keep the vision in mind. Share it with someone. Hold yourself accountable to someone for moving toward this vision.
- Celebrate success. Accept every small progress as success.
Herb K. was given the gift of freedom from alcohol February 21, 1984. As a result of the application of the Twelve Steps as contained precisely in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, he experienced a profound spiritual awakening in 1988. Since then he has been very involved in carrying the message of recovery through presentations, facilitating workshops, and leading retreats.
He has authored three books to help people access the instructions and confirm the actual process contained in the Big Book for experiencing a spiritual awakening: Practicing the Here and Now: Being Intentional with Step 11 (2017), Twelve-Step Guide to Using the Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book (2004) and Twelve Steps to Spiritual Awakening: Enlightenment for Everyone (2010). His books are available on Amazon and other locations.