– I am source of my suffering
– I am 100% responsible for my life
– I can identify and correct my attitudes and actions
– I am willing to be transparent to my self and another person
– I am willing to take direction from experienced people
– I am willing to take the recommended specific actions
– I am responsible to plan my life: short and long term
– I am responsible to make changes in my behavior to address my plan
– I am responsible to repair all damage I have done to others, directly or indirectly
Herb K. was given the gift of freedom from alcohol February 21, 1984. As a result of the application of the Twelve Steps as contained precisely in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, he experienced a profound spiritual awakening in 1988. Since then he has been very involved in carrying the message of recovery through presentations, facilitating workshops, and leading retreats.
He has authored three books to help people access the instructions and confirm the actual process contained in the Big Book for experiencing a spiritual awakening: Practicing the Here and Now: Being Intentional with Step 11 (2017), Twelve-Step Guide to Using the Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book (2004) and Twelve Steps to Spiritual Awakening: Enlightenment for Everyone (2010). His books are available on Amazon and other locations.